The Alcohol & Drug Service held its annual staff conference on 15 June and the two main objectives were met; provide good food and send people home early!
Tim Young, Chief Executive of The Alcohol & Drug Service, commented: “With more than 100 staff, service users and ex-service users in attendance, the conference was a resounding success. We not only had some useful discussions but celebrated our many successes throughout the year.”
The 2011/12 annual awards were presented. The winners were:
· Innovation – Anne Williams;
· Supporting Developing Practice – Caroline Leck;
· Effective Team Working – The Junction Specialist Team (North Lincolnshire);
· Most Effective Partnership Working – Karen Snart; and
· Improving Service User Experience – Hayley Brooks.
The Alcohol & Drug Service designed and delivers a Certificate in Tackling Substance Misuse accredited by the National Open College Network (NOCN). This year12 people achieved the qualification and received their certificates at the conference. Congratulations to:
Elaine Blow; Julie Booth; David Clarke; Martine Clayton; Richard Freeman; Nicola Mason; Debbie McKinney; Alison McVeigh; Sarah Miller; Sally Pearson; Mark Redshaw; and Jennifer Wass.