Peer Mentoring Support
All Peer Mentors recruited by ADS play a valuable role in supporting people in their recovery journey. All Peer Mentors are qualified through our accredited training programme.
If you think or already know you have a drink or drug problem we provide a service that lets you talk to someone who has experienced drug and alcohol treatment within the East Riding and is now in recovery.
We provide a confidential service offering:
- Positive role model support
- Support in your treatment journey
- Advice to make positive changes
- Helps service users in their recovery and acts as link back into the community
- Offers support in key work sessions
- Co-facilitation of group work within the service
How we do it?
- Peer Mentoring Drop-ins
- One-to-one support
- Three way meetings with your worker
- Group Support
- Telephone Support
- ADS are a partnership organisation with SMART Recovery and support SMART meetings in the East Riding area.
SMART Recovery supports individuals who have chosen to abstain, or are considering abstinence from any type of addictive behaviours (substances or activities), by teaching how to change self-defeating thinking, emotions, and actions; and to work towards long-term satisfactions and quality of life.
SMART Recovery (Self Management And Recovery Training) helps individuals gain independence from addiction (substances or activities). It involves a 4-Point Program offering specific tools and techniques for each of the program points:
- Point 1: Building and Maintaining Motivation
- Point 2: Coping with Urges
- Point 3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviours
- Point 4: Living a Balanced Life
To find out how to access our service contact us on 01482 320606
To find out where the nearest SMART Recovery meeting is to you download the SMART Meetings Information sheet
If you are in recovery and would like to know more about becoming a Peer Mentor click here or contact us on 01482 320606
Download the ADS Changes Leaflet